AUBRIE's Balloon Birthday Party.

I love how I get so far behind and it has really only been 13 days since my last entry but it feels like so much has happened!!! So again begins a bunch of blog entries for the next few days! Birthday Girl! It was Aubrie's First Friend Birthday Party this year. We made a rule in our family that the first friend party would be when they are five and then they can have a friends party every other year. Because both Allie and Aubrie's birthdays are in September it works really well as we have a friends party every year but only one. We started talking about what to do for her birthday back in June. That is just how my mind works. I think and think and plan and plan and search and search for ideas and then do it at the last minute!!! We had started to come up with all sorts of fun ideas for her birthday. With a crazy August and September working two jobs and Justin back in school. I began to simplify everything. One day I finally said to Aubrie we are going to have a Balloon Party and she thought it would be fun after a little convincing. Everything we did had something to do with Balloons! Making Aubrie's Party Favors. Blowing up Balloons with Daddy's Compressor. Not only because I didn't want to spend money on a Pinata but also because I am trying to make sure I spend time doing things with my girls, I decided that Aubrie and I would make her a Pinata. It was a lot of fun and a lot of mess. Aubrie and her friends! Aubrie's decorations! Balloon Tag. We tied balloons to their ankles and then everyone runs around trying to pop the other balloon. The last one with a balloon not popped wins!! Balloon Toss. We had a big sheet and the goal was to keep the Balloon in the air. I remember playing this with a huge parachute and a ball in school. Thought it would be fun. The balloons were a little too light but the kids all had fun. Aubrie showing us how to play the games. Pin the Balloons on the board. We had a water balloon toss! Balloon Relay Race. We divide the kids into two groups. They had to run to the middle of the field and go through a hula hoop. Then run the rest of the field. When they got to the end they had to sit on a balloon and make it pop. Then run back through the hula hoop and touch the next team member. What a good laugh we all had. Aubrie taking a whack at her Balloon Pinata. Aubrie's Cupcakes! Aubrie blowing out her birthday candle!! Eating cake and ice cream! Birthday Guests! My fun spunky girl! We were so glad that Papa and Maama got to come and join in the FUN!! Sisters my chance, Friends by Choice. The day ended with Pizza for dinner. I had planned to make homemade but after the party we decided to splurge for $5.00 Little Ceasars. I must end this entry with a big THANK YOU to a great sister. She has become my personal photographer. I am so grateful for my willing sister to come and take pictures and all of my crazy events!! Thank you!!!

2 comments:

Karalee said...

Thanks. I had a blast and I think I invited myself. You should have posted the one that Aubrie took of me. It's cute.

Tranchell Family said...

Happy Birthday Aubrie, it looks like you had such a great day, you have the best most creative mom!

Blog Archive