4th of July

What a great Holiday weekend. I love three day weekends. Good food, good family and friends, good times. This 4th of July fell on a Sunday. I have always felt grateful for the men and women who serve our country but didn't really know anyone personally that had been to war. One of our ward members is in the National Guard recently came home from Afghanistan and will return there again soon. He wore his uniform to church yesterday. When I saw him a deep sense of gratitude came over me. He also had to help pass the Sacrament and again I felt such a deep gratitude of how great of a man he really is and how there are so many other men and women who serve are country so that we can have the freedoms in the United States of America. I am truly grateful for all those who serve and have served and will serve our country to keep us free. The girls and I made some 4th of July decorations for our door. I love to celebrate with the girls. We also had a BBQ with Justin's family. We brought SNAPS for the kids to throw. It was a simple activity but fun for the kids.

1 comment:

Karalee said...

how fun. The girls look so cute in their matching t-shirts.

Blog Archive