Freedom Festival Forty-five Mile Fun Ride

Today was the day anticipated by all!!!! It's almost as great as Christmas!!!!! Today we rode our bikes over to Provo to watch the Hot Air Balloons launch for the Freedom Festival and then up the Provo River Trail to Bridal Veil Falls and end the route at Vivan Park. All in all it is about a 45 mile bike ride. It is an Early to Rise morning as we have to leave by 5:00 to get there in time for the Balloons. We didn't know if Aubrie would make it this year but I am proud to say with some pushes from her Dad she rode the full 45 miles. Yes, she is pretty amazing. This is Allie's third time over and I couldn't be any less pleased at her amazing attitude and determination to get where she is going. We stop several times along the way so it actually is a full days ride. At Bridal Veil Falls. I am a PARANOID mom when it comes to water. I thought their bike helmets would save them if they fell in. LOL. I wish I thought about those things, like take off your helmet. Notice again at lunch! Lunch at Vivan Park. There is a Subway at the base of the Canyon that we stopped at and picked up Sandwiches. It was a great place for a potty break to since all of our other stops were at Port a Pottys. I didn't realize Justin was chewing when I said Lets take our picture. He almost looks happy.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Well I'm totally impressed! I haven't ridden a bike (other than stationary) in years! Look at you getting all in shape and out of doors!

Karalee said...

I am so proud of Allie & Aubrie. I can't believe Aubrie is 5 and can do this. I think you and Justin are teaching amazing life skills to your girls as well as the most amazing memories.

Love the pics. Karalee

Tranchell Family said...

Wow, that is amazing good job to all of you! I have been wanting to get on my bike really bad for the last few weeks but I don't think my big belly will allow it! Wish we could join in with all your fun bike rides!

Blog Archive