That's not the way Daddy does it

So I have been struggling a lot lately with working and being away from the girls. I think it was easier during the school year because they were gone most of the time I was gone. I have cried more going to work and coming home from work than I did when I first started back. I don't know how Mom's work full time. I feel like I have missed so much!!!! So Thursday when I had gotten home from work Aubrie was so hungry (shocked I'm sure) and I knew it would take me a little while to make dinner so I let her have a bowl of cereal. She wanted a banana cut up in the cereal. I cut the banana in half and then I was going to cut it into slices when I heard the most devasting words come out of her mouth. "No, No Mom, that is not the way Daddy does it." TEARS began to flow. I know someday I will be grateful for this little moment and realize what a great dad Justin is and how glad I am that he is getting to spend so much time with the girls right now but it made my feelings so valid. So I cried some more. I had great conversations with my sisters lately and realized that I am making choices. I can choose to quit or I can choose to stay and work. With both choices comes consquences and I have to decide which consquence is better for me. So for now, I am glad that Daddy does it right!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh,crumbs!!! I'm so sorry! It's not fun to feel like you're not doing your job as a mother...I have thoughts of inadequacy all the time...daily, even hourly, but when I look at your girls and the great example you show to them...not of working, but of service and homemaking skills, and strengthening their testimonies, and good habits and being healthy and fun and kind...I think you've done a fantastic job so far. You know it's temporary, not that it makes it any easier, but like you said, your girls are getting a chance to know their daddy and that's something that a lot of kids don't get the opportunity to do! I think you're wonderful!

Blog Archive