
Justin and his family have been talking about going fishing for a while.

It was a beautiful day! We just went up to the Catch Basin since Papa had to go to a funeral and also had some work to do.

We stayed from 9 to 2.

Millie caught a fish and we got another one that flapped up on to the shore that had part of someones hook and line in it.

The last hour before we left a family came and caught about 10 fish. Justin went and talked to them and they said they were using Worms. (which my brother-in-law had told us to do) On the way home I could tell Justin wasn't done yet. He is so determined to succeed at whatever he does. He just wanted to catch one. Allie was pretty disappointed too. She helped Millie reel hers in but it just wasn't the same.

So of course, Justin decided to go back after lunch. He went to the garden and collected worms while I did the dishes and then we went back up to the catch basin at 5:00. I made him agree that if he didn't catch anything by 7:00 that he would be ok and would go home. At 6:15 the girls were so done! It was hot and they were hungry and tired.

The girls and I decided to go take pictures up the canyon of one of the hills Allie has conquered on her bike.

We came back at 7:00 and Justin hadn't caught anything. The girls were starving so I told Justin just call me when you are ready to come home and we will come back and get you. The girls and I went to 7-11 and got a slurpee and then went to Subway. I called to see how Justin was doing around 8:30 and he said you can come get me. He had caught 2 fish. We went to Maama's house to drop off Millie and I took Xander to go get a "Lurpee". It was a perfect day off!
1 comment:
I love all the pictures. They are so cute. Especially the one where Aubrie's holding her cousins hand and walking down the path. So precious.
Post a Comment