WORDS

Today on the way home Allie informed me of somethings the kids at school were saying. "Mom, (the boys name) always says the "H" word." Not knowing exactly what she was going to say, I asked "What's the "H" word and Allie repeats it. I was so sad to think she is only in first grade and we have to explain this. I know the reality of life but this is my baby. Then a few minutes later she said, "Mom did you know there is a "S" word, a "G" word, an "A" word and a "F" word. SHOCKED!!!!!!! It was a good thing I wasn't driving. Again I asked if she knew what those words were and she said, "No, that's just what the kids say". My heart sunk. I just wondered why those words have to be said. I guess it's time to face that she is not a little girl anymore and that she is living in a harsh world. My prayers of love go to my sweet little ones!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You do your best to shelter your kids from the ugliness of the world...then some kids(s), who's parents obviously don't have any (it seems) standards, show your kids the ugliness all around them. Aren't you glad she told you about it and that she knows that those words are wrong to use? It's a tough balance of letting our kids be IN the world but not OF the world. It takes a lot of faith...that's why families are SO important!

Blog Archive