CATCH UP!!!!!!!
My uncle passed away yesterday morning after a long battle with cancer. I went and saw him last saturday and couldn't get over how much he looked like my mom. I am so grateful for the sure knowledge I have in the spirit world. I am happy that he gets to be with his parents, my mom and his dear wife that he lost 7 years ago. What a great reunion for them. Christmas has a new meaning when you have lost someone. You realize that because of our Savior we have a plan that allows us to see each other again. You will be missed Uncle Jerry, hope you gave my mom a hug like you said you would.
My Aunt Claudia (my mom's sister) and my Uncle Mike came up Tuesday to see my Uncle Jerry. We met at my sister's and had such a fun visit with them. My aunt has ovarian cancer and my uncle has prostate cancer. I saw my Aunt in June and I can't believe how much better she looks. She was really weak when I saw her last. It was so fun to be with her it reminded me so much of my mom. She was doing chemo and had a heart attack. She has decided to take a break from chemo and see what happens. She feels great peace. She is such a fun Aunt. She soaked up my girls and my girls loved to be with her.
We had our 3rd annual Ostler Treat Day. When we first got married we made candy with Justin's family each year. It was so much fun that I decided that we needed to have a day to make treats with my family. These are the yummy treats we made. If anyone needs a sugar rush head over.
White Fudge with Peppermint
Turtles
Rice Chex Mix Bar
Rice Crispy Marshmallows
Divinity
Oreo Truffles
Carmels
Fudge
At our candy party, Laralynn gave us all an amazing Christmas present. She made us a cookbook that she got from my mom with recipes in my mom's handwriting and fun pictures. Steve also carried on a tradition that my mom use to do, he bought us all an ornament that had to do with us. Justin got a basketball hoop since he had a goal to make a slam dunk this year. I got a drill, since I got a new drill for my 1/2 birthday last year from Justin, Allie got an ornament of fingernail polish since she used to paint my mom's toes. Aubrie got a cell phone. She loved to call my family when she was younger and would sing to them.
Last year, Sunday's Christmas Corners were where we took a day of rest. This year it feels like catch up day. Do all the projects we didn't get done during the week. I feel blessed to have a job but I am realizing there are such something that have to give. So here is a pictures of the things we made for the last week, that we made TODAY!
Last weekend, Lisa had a boutique at her house. We watched Ellee, Jag and Sam. For Christmas Corner we made Sugar Cookies. Aunt Karalee and Laralynn came too. Aunt Karalee helped the kids roll the dough and cut them out. Ellee and Allie decided they didn't need cookie cutters and made their own SNOWMEN. They turned out really cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- September (6)
- October (14)
- November (2)
- December (25)
- January (9)
- February (9)
- March (17)
- April (29)
- May (9)
- June (24)
- July (8)
- August (5)
- September (3)
- October (6)
- November (3)
- December (8)
- January (5)
- February (3)
- March (6)
- April (8)
- May (6)
- June (4)
- July (8)
- August (10)
- September (6)
- October (4)
- November (3)
- December (19)
- January (4)
- September (11)
- October (9)
- January (18)
- February (9)
- March (1)
- April (9)
- March (4)
1 comment:
So fun! We hope you have a great Christmas, and we miss you!
Post a Comment