.jpg)
Oh, how I miss this amazing lady. My mom died two years ago today. I regret not appreciating and loving her the way I should have. As it is often said, you don't realize how great something is until it is gone. I find myself missing her and wanting to ask her simple questions that she could answer
How do I raise girls?
What did you do to survive putting your husband through college while having a family?
How did you serve so diligiently being the Primary President and the PTA president at the same time and still raise a family?
What should I make for dinner?
Can you watch my girls today?
I miss hearing and feeling expressions of love from a mother. She was my cheerleader for times when I felt like I was losing at the game of life, she called to see how I was doing, she called to ask if I wanted to go shopping, she called just to say I love you. I know that many people love me and I so appreciate that, but there is nothing like a "Mother's Love" I was so young and blind to fully understand and appreciate all that she did for me. I often feel such guilt for not taking better care of her. I know it is all in hindsight but oh, how I wish I could have been a different person and been able to dig deeper and take care of her longer. I know it does me no good to sit and dwell on this subject so instead I write... "What I would do if I could spend the day with my mom.....
1. I would eat brownies and mint chocolate chip ice cream with her for breakfast.
2. I would go shopping with her and let her go down each and every isle and be in the moment with her.
3. I would take her to a movie and cuddle up next to her and have her hold me.
4. I would watch a Jazz game with her and scream at the TV as if it would make a difference.
5. I would scrapbook with her and watcher her spend hours and hours on just one page.
6. I would take her to Pepperidge Farms and eat Chicken Cordon Blue.
7. I would slide down the stairs on mattresses and laugh and laugh
8. I would go for a walk in the leaves and talk about all the things we were grateful for.
9. I would go to the store and listen to her talk to everyone that she knew.
10. I would listen about all the advice she could give me.
11. I would lay in her bedroom on her bed looking up at ther cottage cheese ceiling and just listen to each and every word she said. I would soak it all up every moment.
12. I would spend time watching her hold my daughters, play Cinderella with Allie, and smother them with hugs and kisses.

I am so grateful for my mom and the wonderful memories I have of her. I love you and miss you, my angel mother.
2 comments:
Beautiful.. Brett and I are crying.... I would do it differently too but I have decided that one way I can help her to be remembered is I can do these things with my sisters and her grandkids.... I will bring the mint ice cream on saturday if we make brownies? I am up for a delicious breakfast....I will be there early let's say around 6:00 am. (Just kidding)
I've been thinking about you lately, remembering your mom passed away this time of year. I wish I would remember to say this to your face, but I always forget! Isn't it great that you have so many fun memories of your mom and what she likes! I love the pic of your mom sliding down the stairs on a mattress! What a great mom! You're following in her footsteps, too!
Post a Comment