What did we do during August?
I can't believe how fast August has gone by. Since I've been working for Lisa, it seems like blogging is the last thing on my mind. I wanted to post about Allie's first day of school and downloaded pictures and realized I had 75 pictures. WOW!!! I thought I would briefly touch on a few things we did.
SWIMMING LESSON. The best money I've ever spent. I never learned how to swim and can barely doggie paddle. It was so fun for me to watch my girls learn to swim. Aubrie was very bashful and refused to go under the water but I was amazed at how much Allie learned. It was a good experience for both. Allie learned to dive and Aubrie learned how to get out of the hula hoop without going under water.
Girl's Night Out!
Justin had a Young Men Campout the 1st weekend in August. The girl's and I decided to have a simple Girl's Night out. We started off going to Art City School Park. When we are out and about the girl's always say "Mom you haven't taken us to that park yet?" This was one of those parks. When we were riding our bikes to Lisa's to work we would take a break in the front of the school and they always wanted to play but I always told them maybe next time so on the way home from Lisa's we stopped and played. We stopped and got a $5.00 pizza and went home for the night. Lisa had given us left over pie crust from our Family Reunion so we made pie. Next, Allie has been interested in science experiments so I went on line and found a few things to do with common household things. We did two experiments. The first one, you put food coloring in a bowl of milk. Then take a q-tip with soap on it and it will bring all the colors together. It was really cool! The next one was you put water in a bowl and add pepper then put soap on a q-tip and it will split the pepper. Aubrie's actually made a star it was awesome! Then we had a Pajama party with the air matress in the living room and watched Singin' in the Rain. I am so grateful for my girls. I love to play with them and see how much they love life. I had a really amazing mom and incredible sisters, I hope I can teach my girls to have fun with their mom and sister too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- September (6)
- October (14)
- November (2)
- December (25)
- January (9)
- February (9)
- March (17)
- April (29)
- May (9)
- June (24)
- July (8)
- August (5)
- September (3)
- October (6)
- November (3)
- December (8)
- January (5)
- February (3)
- March (6)
- April (8)
- May (6)
- June (4)
- July (8)
- August (10)
- September (6)
- October (4)
- November (3)
- December (19)
- January (4)
- September (11)
- October (9)
- January (18)
- February (9)
- March (1)
- April (9)
- March (4)
2 comments:
oh so fun....What fun activities.
I am glad that you have them in swimming lessons. It is such an important skill to have in life.
Wow!!! What a great mom you are. I am really glad that your are teaching them how to have fun. Your experiments are great. Like you, I never learned how to swim. Karalee is right. Swimming is an important skill to have in life.
Way to go Mom, Allie & Aubrie.
Dad
Post a Comment