Joy is in the Journey
So after a lot of discussion on whether to go home and ride up to Whiting Campground or to stay in Provo and ride along the river trail, I talked Allie into voting with me and staying in Provo. You only have to ride up Whiting Campground once to know that once is enough. When all was said and done we rode 45 miles in 6 hours.
"Joy is in the journey not a the destination."
We hope you enjoy our journey as much as we did, Aubrie loved it the best!
We hadn't rode more than a mile and we came to an amazing waterfall on the trail. I made everyone get off their bikes so I could take pictures with the beautiful water.
I promised I wouldn't stop us so often if they agreed to take a few pictures along the way.
We found a park along the way so Aubrie could go to the bathroom. Right by the bathrooms were these rocks for kids to climb on. The girls loved this!
We reached Bridal Veil falls. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I wish I would have brought the kids crocs so they could have walked through it but then again I didn't know we would be going when we left. So we let the girls put their hands in and promised to bring them back up another time.
It was so great to finally reach Vivian Park. We ate our snacks and played at the park. While we were there the Heber Creeper drove by and stopped. Aubrie loved to watch the train. When the train blows by our house she loves to run to the front of the house and watch it go by. The downward journey homebegan and it was nice to go downhill for quite sometime.
We reached East Bay around 2:00 in the afternoon. It was really hot and we were tired. We decided to stop at Maverik and get frozen yogurt. FYI: Frozen Yogurt may be a great summer treat but not after riding for 35 miles and knowing you still have 10 more to go.
After slamming back ten cold ones, she was pretty wasted.
She slept it off for an hour and we barely made it to bathrooms in time.
This was just the beginning of her binge. To sober up she had 3 energy drinks and sometime during the 6 hours and 45 miles she drank 19 more beverages.
Actually these were our collection of cans we picked up along the way to recycle. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- September (6)
- October (14)
- November (2)
- December (25)
- January (9)
- February (9)
- March (17)
- April (29)
- May (9)
- June (24)
- July (8)
- August (5)
- September (3)
- October (6)
- November (3)
- December (8)
- January (5)
- February (3)
- March (6)
- April (8)
- May (6)
- June (4)
- July (8)
- August (10)
- September (6)
- October (4)
- November (3)
- December (19)
- January (4)
- September (11)
- October (9)
- January (18)
- February (9)
- March (1)
- April (9)
- March (4)
3 comments:
love the cans at the bottom...This looked like so much fun.
I still can't believe you rode 45 miles....especially Allie. I don't think I could ride around the big block at ther age...
The picture of Aubrie peeking up over the rocks, stole my heart. And Allie perched over the top of the rocks, what a girl!!! Way to go. We are so proud of you all!
Wow you are all very inspiring! I can't believe you went that far on your bikes. Livy is barely able to go a mile. Good work! We miss you all a lot. Maybe you could ride your bikes out to Ohio? Don't show this to Justin or it just might happen!
Post a Comment