
I reached another lifetime goal on Saturday. I ran a 10K with my friend Christy. A 10K is 6.2 miles. The race was in Spanish Fork starting at the Canyon View Park and ended at the city park. Justin and I have been training by running from our house to the Catch Basin up Hobble Creek Canyon. My best time in training was 1 hour and 37 minutes. Not a great time for a runner but good time for me. I thought if I could do it in an 1 hour and 30 minutes I would be excited. So I was thrilled when I reached the finish line and read 1 hour 19 minutes and 50 seconds. Most races start when the gun goes and unless you are at the front you don't get to cross the line quickly. So Christy brought her watch and started it when we hit the start line, when she crossed the finish line she stopped her watch and it read 1 hour 14 minutes 30 seconds. I was really happy! That is still pretty slow overall but it was exciting for me to have taken off 15-20 minutes off my training time. I ran the whole way which was another goal. One more goal to reach which is a 1/2 marathon and my running goals will be reached. Sure hope at 40 I don't go through a midlife crisis and think I have to do a full marathon.
6 comments:
Congratulations! I think that is awesome. Way to go.
Love,
Laralynn
way to go!!!!! You're amazing. I can't wait to see you do a marathon...I will save up and finance you and Justin to compete in the Boston Marathon so i can go on vacation....How many years till you are 40?????
I am really proud of you.
Way to go Jan-O, Davian and I are really proud of you thats great you knocked time off your training time. Congrats!
Jan you are awesome! Good for you, keep up the good work! Heck forget the marathon you should work up to running to Stow, Ohio! We miss you all.
Jan ! Wow!! Way to Run!! We are so proud of you. What an example to all of us!
Wow!!! Wow!!! Congratulations. You have such determination. What a neat accomplishment. I am so proud of you. You did something I only dreamed of.
Love You,
Dad
Post a Comment