Spring Cleaning
This morning I decided it was about time to go through the girls toys and give away the broken, lost, or outdated stuff. In the past, I've done it when the girls are asleep and they were pretty sad about it. So today, I let them choose what was going and what was staying. I think it is easier to do it alone. Allie cried and cried. "But mom, I got this for my birthday or at this person's birthday party or Grandma gave it to me." I thought I was sentimental but I've raised someone worse then me. We finally had to barter, I'll give you three necklaces for this necklace. By the end the girl's dress up stuff had been cleaned out and a box for DI and a bag for the garbage. Although, they wanted to give their little stuff to Sophie. Don't worry Tiff, I'll take the box when they aren't looking to DI. It's too bad that Allie had to go to school, I was hoping to get the whole room cleaned. I should make Allie help her Dad Spring Clean, she would make a good bargainer. She would have no hope with me, I would tell her that most of my stuff was given to me and she would tell me to keep it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- September (6)
- October (14)
- November (2)
- December (25)
- January (9)
- February (9)
- March (17)
- April (29)
- May (9)
- June (24)
- July (8)
- August (5)
- September (3)
- October (6)
- November (3)
- December (8)
- January (5)
- February (3)
- March (6)
- April (8)
- May (6)
- June (4)
- July (8)
- August (10)
- September (6)
- October (4)
- November (3)
- December (19)
- January (4)
- September (11)
- October (9)
- January (18)
- February (9)
- March (1)
- April (9)
- March (4)
2 comments:
I love Allie. Maybe she can help me spring clean Brett's stuff so he can keep a few things.
I wish I could get into the spring cleaning or even just regular cleaning. I am going to tackle my dishes this weekend while I am taking care of Brett. They will not defeat me. There is no mountain high enough to keep me from doing my dishes (well maybe the mountain of dishes - one dish at a time - right?
I wonder if Merry Maids would give us a 'Group Rate' if we scheduled a house cleaning for the entire family? Anyone else in?
Post a Comment