Ready to Run

In January we set some goals as a family. One of our goals were to run a 5K in the Spring. We started out by running at the track and on the treadmill. We started very slow and worked our way up to 3 miles.

Not sure if Allie is really excited or scared to death.



Allie was amazing. Justin and Aubrie were going to be partners and Allie and I were going to be partners. Allie took off when they said go and I did my best to try to keep up with her but I never could. Allie finished in 28 minutes. When she got to the end she turned around and came back to run to the finish line with her mom. After we got the camera and a drink of water, we went back to see where Aubrie and Justin were. Allie saw them coming up the street and decided to run to them and run it in with Aubrie. I love that about Allie. She is always loving and supporting others. She truly cares about others and wants them to succeed.


I was very proud of Aubrie. This was not an easy goal for her. She really thought this goal would be a lot easier or she wouldn't have made it I am sure. I don't think she really like any part of it but I was proud of her for accomplishing her goal. When we finished it I asked her what she thought, her comment was "I hated it". Aubrie I hope one day you learn to enjoy it because I have a feeling that your dad is not going to let you stop!


Run for the Bathroom 5K race in Springville Utah. The money raised for the race goes to a school group in Kenya to build a bathroom for their school. You can see more information at runforthebathroom.org.



No comments:

Blog Archive