Ostler Christmas Candy Day
We use to celebrate Christmas with my mom. Each year she would buy us each our own ornament. We decided to make candy one year. My mom went into the hospital a few days before and passed away 12 days later. I decided I wanted to carry on the tradition of getting together and so I decided to have my family over to make candy each year since then. One year Laralynn surprised us with recipe books that she had made and also ones with the recipes of my mom's and both grandma's. Then Steve surprised us with buying us each an ornament. So we decided to draw names the next year and started buying each other ornaments. Not everyone loves to bake so they are invited to bring other things to do. It is kind of a come and go as you want party. We usually eat lunch and then exchange ornaments. So I didn't take any pictures of the yummy treats but took pictures of those making them. Last year I did pictures of the candy. Maybe next year I will be on top fo it and get both.
Ellee.
Sam Stirring.
Laralynn, Aubrie and Ellee learning how to make red velvet mini trees.
Allie and Brett playing the Wii.
Taylie playing with her toys while everyone was cooking.
Justin making his yummy caramels.
Karalee making pretzel presents.
Laralynn and Aubrie cooking.
Lisa and Aubrie making cheese balls.
Jag decorating cookies with Sam.
This year Lisa's family had us.
Taylie's ornament was a cute little pink dog holding a candy cane that Lisa made with her name on it.
Allie's ornament was a cerulean butterfly with added sequins with her name on it. Allie's favorite color is cerulean.
Justin's ornament was a school sign that Lisa made.
Aubrie's ornament was awesome. Aubrie loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Lisa made a sign a while ago for a customer with Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I told Lisa how much Aubrie loved them. She called Aubrie in to see the sign and Aubrie thought it was for her. Lisa had to explain that it was for someone else. Aubrie still asks her if she has made her sign yet. So for Aubrie's ornament Lisa made Jake. Of course you want to shake your child when she says where are the other pirates. There is so much detail it is amazing. Thank you Lisa.
I forgot to give my camera to Justin but my ornament was the best. Lisa knows how much I love to watch BYU football. She made me a football with a Y on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- September (6)
- October (14)
- November (2)
- December (25)
- January (9)
- February (9)
- March (17)
- April (29)
- May (9)
- June (24)
- July (8)
- August (5)
- September (3)
- October (6)
- November (3)
- December (8)
- January (5)
- February (3)
- March (6)
- April (8)
- May (6)
- June (4)
- July (8)
- August (10)
- September (6)
- October (4)
- November (3)
- December (19)
- January (4)
- September (11)
- October (9)
- January (18)
- February (9)
- March (1)
- April (9)
- March (4)
No comments:
Post a Comment