
My dear sweet co-worker called me one day and said, "You need to take your family on vacation." I laughed and thought and how am I suppose to do that. She said, "I am renting you a condo with our timeshare for Monday, August 16th. It is up in Midway. I argued with her that she couldn't do that but she insisted. I told Justin and we(mostly I) decided that it would be fun to keep it a secret from the girls and just show up. It turned out to be a great surprise and they couldn't believe that we got to stay overnight.
After we checked in we went the around the road and saw this. We were pretty high on the mountain.

We left after work on Monday and stopped and got Subs to eat when we got there. We enjoyed dinner on the Patio.

The girls loved that they each got their own twin size bed. The girls share a bed at home so they thought that was the coolest thing.

Aubrie somehow always manages to think that the "KING" size bed should be for her.

I knew they had movies so I brought popcorn and licorice. The girls watched some Barbie movie and Justin and I watched The ToothFairy.

Because the condo had a full kitchen, we decided to bring our own food for breakfast. We again enjoyed the beautiful morning eating breakfast on the Patio.

After breakfast we went to the pool and went swimming. The girls had a ball. It was around 9:30 and we had the place to ourselves.

A vacation for our family would not be a vacation unless two things were involved.
BIKES and ICE CREAM......
Midway is so beautiful we thought we would take our bikes up and go for a ride on Tuesday afternoon. I found a "FAMILY FRIENDLY" bike trail. HA HA HA HA!!!! We drove to where this trail was and realized it was a dirt trail. Not a good idea with two Walmart kid bikes. But of course we tried.

The only problem was that we went the wrong way. We went the back way and by the time we finally got on the right trail, Aubrie was done. Justin took Allie and made it around to the start. I really admire Allie.

She is very determined and stubborn just like her dad. Aubrie and I well we just know better things are coming....
Ice Cream Shakes at Granny's in Heber.

Could she be any cleaner!!!!

So THANK YOU RUTH!!! for another great memory for my family.
3 comments:
what cute pictures. The one of Aubrie eating ice cream is priceless. fun blackmail picture when she's older.
How Fun! What a great friend and what a great view!
Wow, that looks like so much fun, so glad you were able to go and enjoy a mini vacation, sometimes those are the best ones!
Post a Comment