Tranchell Tour De Whiting

We didn't have anything really planned for the 24th of July. I knew Justin needed to study and we really needed to weed the garden. We found out that irrigation was coming the night before so we wouldn't be able to weed. So I suggested that it was finally time to conquer the dreaded HILL!!!!! A few years ago Justin took us on a bike ride up Whiting's Campground. I hated the whole experience and ended up walking my bike up most of the time. Anytime Justin suggests going on a bike ride he suggests there. I always give him the look so he was Shocked when I suggested that we try Whiting's Campground again for the 24th of July. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. I decided to go running first with my friend Christy who is moving next week to Louisana. Wrong Choice! We left around 8:30 and got home around 11:00. It is about a 14 mile ride. This is a picture of the top of the first hill! Which in my opinion is the hardest. Being proud of Allie is an understatment. I still couldn't make it up the hills without walking but Miss Allie made it up each hill and was the first to make it to the top of each hill. She is incredible and I hope one day that she and her dad can do a Triathlon or a bike race together. Hills Allie conquered today!! So we celebrate the Pioneer children who walked and walked and walked by the Tranchell children biking and biking and biking. We made it to the TOP!!! On the way down! The best and only great part of Whiting's Campground bike ride is the ride down. It is incredible and so enjoyable. Allie and Aubrie just flew down the mountain. The Tranchells new bike trick!

2 comments:

Karalee said...

It looks like so much fun!!!! I am so proud of Allie too and the rest of you as well. You're an amazing family.

Tranchell Family said...

That is a hard bike ride, I remember trying to do it several times but never did! Good job to all of you, I wish we rode our bikes more, we need to live closer to you for motivation.

Blog Archive