What not to Wear or Watch or Say?
So I admit it! I really enjoy watching "What not to wear" on TLC with Stacy and Clinton. One night, 3 months ago, while I watching it and Justin was playing on the computer I said, "I would really like to be on that show and have someone teach me how to do my makeup and hair but I wish they would teach you how to shop at a normal store, where a pair of pants doesn't cost you $200.00." Who doesn't say things like that!! and seriously what husband really listen to you talking when he is playing solitare. I guess that would be my husband.
My sweet husband decided to plan this great day for my birthday. Justin "INSISTED" that I get my hair cut and colored only having it done 4 weeks earlier. I know for some this is normal for me normal would be anywhere between 3 to 6 months (closer to 6 months). I know...that's why I would be a perfect person for the show. Anyway, this was on Wednesday night then he took me shopping for a new dress. He told me it was my birthday present and I would need it for my next few surprises. It is not unusual for Justin to plan surprises for me. He has planned romantic getaways or fun dates and has little surprises for birthdays and christmas. So Thursday he said that I would need to wear my dress on Saturday and be ready to go by 7:30 a.m. WHAT!!!!!! Then he told me that the girls were going to Maama's. When I woke up on Saturday, I took a shower and then he came in and told me I was not allowed to wear any makeup or do my hair. I was so mad!! I mean really mad!!! Where do you go and feel good about not getting ready. Then I was told I could not do the girls hair and they were staying in their PJ's. I was getting more mad. I always feel so dumb when the girls go to Maama's and look like rag muffins. Which they do on most occasions. We dropped the girls off and I was fuming by now. Really no surprise was going to get me out of this state of mind!!! So I said "So what are we doing where I don't have to wear any make up and wear heels?" He said, "I thought we would go rock climbing". Yeah Right!! He made a phone call and I began to understand what was going on. A little anyway. We went to his sisters Breanne's house who does hair where she did my hair for the day. While we were sitting there we began to talk about the next person who was coming.... Her name was Brandi who was a friend of my sister Karalee who is a Mary Kay consultant, she did my make up. I was unaware of what was next until I asked her a question about why she did something and she said, "Well you do it like that when you are getting pictures taken." I was then directed to the car where Justin drove me to the American Fork Ampitheater where my sisters were to do a photo shoot of just me. WHAT!! What almost 33 year old gets a photo shoot of themselves.
I insisted that Justin take some pictures with me so I didn't feel completely DUMB!!!
I said to my sisters, "Oh, this would be perfect if we had family pictures and my girls were here." We took more pictures and I turned around and there were my two girls all dressed up with their hair done. What a perfect surprise!!!!
I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who listened and planned this great day, for Breanne who did Justin, Allie, Aubrie and my hair, for Brandi who did my make-up, Maama who watched and brought the girls to my birthday surprise, Karalee and Laralynn for the great photo shoot. So I have learned a lot from this experience: watch what you say and when you say it, how to let someone pampher you for the day, and to not get so MAD over surprises! I have also learned how much my husband loves me! Thanks Justin!! My day was complete when I was taken to lunch with my little family at my favorite place, Hickory Kist for a turkey sandwich and topped off sharing a Peanut Butter Bar. YUM!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- September (6)
- October (14)
- November (2)
- December (25)
- January (9)
- February (9)
- March (17)
- April (29)
- May (9)
- June (24)
- July (8)
- August (5)
- September (3)
- October (6)
- November (3)
- December (8)
- January (5)
- February (3)
- March (6)
- April (8)
- May (6)
- June (4)
- July (8)
- August (10)
- September (6)
- October (4)
- November (3)
- December (19)
- January (4)
- September (11)
- October (9)
- January (18)
- February (9)
- March (1)
- April (9)
- March (4)
7 comments:
You look so BEAUTIFUL!!
Wow, what a fun day! Good job Justin, man Ma'ama and Papa taught those Tranchell boys well they are both so thoughtful. You look beautiful (you always do) and I love your hair shorter, it looks so cute. Happy Birthday, we love you!
Happy Birthday, Jan! We love you! Glad we could be a part of your birthday surprise. Hope Monday, the actual birthday, is fun and rewarding and relaxing without too many unexpected surprises. Your girls and husband are a great tribute to you. You are a beautiful woman, inside and out!
We love you, Dave and Pat
I am glad that you finally enjoyed the day. :o) You are so beautiful and photogenic! You are lucky to have such a thoughtful husband. Remember that in time of iritation. Love you to pieces. Have a happy day!
Thanks for having fun with me as I took the pictures. I love your fun and playful side. You look so much like mom. You are beautiful and you have a super great husband. He really cherishes you and wants to shower gifts upon you. You have a beautiful family. Thanks for letting me continue to get better at my photography. I love you.
CUTE CUTE PICTURES JAN!! I love the first one with the lamp post in the back ground... totally goes with your outfit! So cute. What a fun day and surprise!
Jan! How TOTALLY fun!!! You look SO beautiful! What a great hubby! Family pictures stress me out SO much, but to have it done like this all FOR you is one of the best gifts I could think of. What a great idea. You have SUCH a cute family!
Post a Comment