Today is my mom's birthday. It is strange to think it has already been a year since she has been gone. I can remember as if it was just yesterday watching her take her last breath. But today I want to honor her.
Karen Tillie Hatfield Ostler was born March 11, 1942 in Springville Utah to Cloid and Ardith Hatfield, weighing in at 10lb.

She was her parent's pride and joy. Her older brother adored her! Her brother was offered a new horse if he would sell his little sister and he told them no way, which must have been hard for a 4 year old since he LOVED horses.

She had a great childhood with lots of fun memories with family and friends.
The things mom loved written by her in 2004.
1. Ice Cream 2. Christmas and Holidays 3. Utah Jazz Basketball 4. Flag- Old Glory
5. Good Friend 6. Prophet, 12, and general authorities 7. A Good Book
8. Comfortable shoes 9. Old Movies 10. Courteous Drivers 11. Daughters
12. Gardening- like to see things grow. 13. my grandchildren 14. Conference
15. my son-in-laws 16. Missionaries 17. I love the temple 18. 7th Heaven 19. Sunsets 20. Country Music 21. Dependable cars 22. Tyler 23. Brothers 24. Fridays
25. My sister 26. Weekends 27. Heritage 28. KFC and A and W Rootbeer
29. GREAT Parents 30. Fall or changing colored leaves 31. Dancing 32. First Snow
33. Spring 34. Smell of roses 35. Scrapbooking 36. My cousins 37. New clothes
38. Chicken Cordon Blue at Prestwich Farms 39. Scrapbook class at Susan Perry
40. Camping 41. Mountains 42. Children 43. Clean house-organized house
44. Home grown tomatoes 45. Home grown corn 46. Coleslaw 47. Gospel
48. Christmas music 49. Candles 50. Sleeping in
MY MOM'S FAVORITE THINGS WRITTEN BY HER 2004
Color- pink, blue, yellow, navy blue
Flower- daises, roses, petunias, carnations
Movie- Doris Day, Message in a bottle, Love of the Game
Song- Could I have this Dance and The Dance
Actor- Kevin Cosner
Actress- Julia Roberts
Singer- Neil Diamond
Things to collect- Paper- Junk
Things to do- being with my grandkids
Ice cream flavor- Mint Chip
Food- Hawiian Hay Stacks, Tender Steak
Holiday- Christmas
Season- Spring, Winter, Summer, Fall
Mom’s words of wisdom written from her journal
If you’ll remember always…. There is no goal you can’t achieve. If you’ll try your very hardest and above all else believe, believe that you are the person who has something good to give. Believe that you can make this place a better place to live. If you’ll believe you’re needed and that others like you too. Then you’re sure to find there’s nothing in the world you cannot do. I realized that all I’m guaranteed in life is today. The poorest person has no less and the wealthiest has no more. Each of us has but one day. What we do with it is our own business; how we use it is up to us individually.
I love you Mom!
2 comments:
Thanks. I am so glad I took a minute to look at your blog. We sure had an incredible mother. I miss her today. Love, Karalee
Jan, thank you doing this. It gave me new insight to our wonderful mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother.
Post a Comment