My Angel Mother

. It is amazing how the days slips into years. Today marks 3 years since my mom passed away. I can close my eyes and still remember as if it was yesterday and I was sitting in the hospital watching her take her last breath. It is hard to image it has been three years and yet at times it feels as if it has been eternity since I have talked with my mom. I miss her phone calls, her reassurance that a bowl of ice cream would fix everything, or just a simple hug that every daughter needs from her mom. The last year of her life was extremely hard and she was in and out of the hospital so much and yet I miss her so much. I miss her smile, her hard working hands, her creativity, her passsion of life. I think that is what made the last year so hard she lost her drive for life. I am grateful for the memories she left me. She was an incredible women that I learned so much from. She continues to teach me and love me and I have no doubt that the veil is very thin at times. Thank you for all you did for me and the life that you gave me and the lessons you taught me. This was our last Thanksgiving together. This was the last time my girls were with their grandma.

3 comments:

Karalee said...

She was an angel mother. I miss her too.

Stephen T said...

We went to the cemetery this afternoon. It was so peaceful and beautiful with Christmas decorations everywhere. It is hard to believe how time has passed. We are all very blessed to be members of the Karen Ostler Family.

Laura said...

Your mom really is very special, and I know she would be very proud of you and the wonderful mom you are too :) Love you sweet Jan!

Blog Archive