Memorial Day

What a beautiful day to spend with my family. We decided to go weed the garden on Saturday so I wouldn't have to weed on the holiday. It is a tradition in the Tranchell family that they weed every holiday from Memorial day through Labor Day and then the harvesting starts. I have always had a hard time with this tradition. I am sure when I was younger we had those same holiday tradition but when my dad moved to California when I was about 12 my holiday with my mom were always so fun. I remember riding with my mom and grandma to Santaquin to the cemetery where family was buried and then Grandma Hatfield always had us stop at KFC and eat lunch then off to the Evergreen Cemetery and to the famous Polar King to get a topper or ice cream. That was how you celebrated Memorial Day. So this year we decided to play. I got to sleep in til 8:30. (thoroughly enjoyed it) Then we rode our bike to the Evergreen Cemetery and put flowers on my mom's grave and my grandparent's grave. We packed a lunch and went to the "Purple" park. We needed a few things from Walmart so we made the trip down on our bikes. On our way, Allie's bike chain kept falling off. We've decided that we definitely have gotten our money's worth out of this bike. We stopped at Wendy's for a frosty and home for a BBQ. What a great day!!! The weeding is done(it's never really done until October) and we played all day!!!

1 comment:

Karalee said...

what a fun day. I loved that I got to see you all at the purple park. I love you.

Blog Archive