Countdown to Christmas

Christmas Corner always begins with countdowns. For the first couple of days that is we make our countdown chains, candy calendars and this year we made another countdown holder. It didn't quite turn out as easy as the instructions so we will finish it up tomorrow after I buy some rubber bands. Christmas Candy Calendars is a tradition that Justin did when he was a little boy. This year we made them at Papa and Maama's house on Sunday. I didn't have my camera but this is a picture of Aubrie's calendar. Each day you get to pick a piece of candy off the calendar until Christmas. Who wouldn't want that tradition!!!! December 1st begins Christmas Corner. We sang songs, read christmas stories and made christmas chains. I let the girls pick their own paper from pack of Christmas paper. They had a lot of fun cutting and gluing. It was fun this year to realized how much they can actually do on their own. I have to admit this project was a mess. It was really cute on the instructions but not as easy as it looks. I think I just need some rubberbands and it should work. The point is to break open the holder and get a treat. We chose bubble gum. The girls love love love bubble gum. So I figured one a day wasn't bad. December 3rd was a Santa project foam project. Unfortunately, with me working, some projects are the kind that come in a kit and you just put together. It was still fun though. I think just being with my girls and having something to do is all that matters.

3 comments:

Karalee said...

i love the things they have done so far. Awesome....
I also love Aubrie's dress the one day she looks all ready for a christmas party. I sure love your girls. I hope they get better soon. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Tranchell Family said...

How fun, I keep trying to come up with fun things for the girls to do, I will just look at your blog for all the ideas you are awesome!

Tranchell Family said...

P.S. Love Aubrie's purple dress!!!!!!

Blog Archive