A DEEP THOUGHT
What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
I read this quote a couple of days ago at work. I've thought a lot about it lately, wondering what would I do? Would I go back to school and have a career, would I have more children, would I start that diet and really succeed, would I run a marathon, would I regularly schedule date night, would I try that really good recipe in my favorite cookbook, would I start up my own business, would I wake up every morning and jump for joy? Because I knew no matter what I wouldn't fail!
It been interesting to ponder this question. What would I really do if I knew I couldn't fail. I wonder how often we don't do things because of the fear of failure. Since Justin decided to quit work and go back to school I feel like we have taken some big steps into the darkness, but I have never felt fearful about his decision. It is a good one and I feel like he is on a great path for his future. I see so much greatness in his goal and feel like he doing what he is suppose to do. But, I have had other fears about how I was going to provide for our family physically, emotionally and spiritually. I've wondered how to manage both a job and a family. I've wonder what the best path for me is. I wondered a lot! I haven't come to any good answers yet. I just try each day to get up and to jump for joy to remember our Heavenly Father is watching over me and truly wants the best for me and my family.
Strange post, I know but it's what I've been thinking about! SO for those who feel the desire to post, I would love to know
What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- September (6)
- October (14)
- November (2)
- December (25)
- January (9)
- February (9)
- March (17)
- April (29)
- May (9)
- June (24)
- July (8)
- August (5)
- September (3)
- October (6)
- November (3)
- December (8)
- January (5)
- February (3)
- March (6)
- April (8)
- May (6)
- June (4)
- July (8)
- August (10)
- September (6)
- October (4)
- November (3)
- December (19)
- January (4)
- September (11)
- October (9)
- January (18)
- February (9)
- March (1)
- April (9)
- March (4)
4 comments:
I loved your post. I watched a movie last night called Akleeah and the Bee. It had a great quote that I will find and post on my blog about this same thing.
I have been thinking a lot about my life because I just turned 39. I have started a bucket list of things I want to do before the end of my journey on earth. It has been amazing to me the different things I have put on this list.
I would travel more. I would go take classes to become a pastery chef. I would take a photography class and become a professional photographer.
I watched another show today called "Last Holiday". It was about a lady who got a diagnosis of a terminal illness. She had kept a book of possibilities (like a dream book or bucket list) so she quit her job took all her money out of her retirement and did many of the things in her book. She had an amazing journey and then found out that she was misdiagnosed. She learned that her dreams need to become her book of reality not just possibilities.
Anway, It was inspiring. I am so happy for you and your family as you go on this journey. It's amazing to watch you grow as a family. You will be successful. You can succeed.
I also found a quote in a Dove chocolate today... Here it is...
Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go...
Love you.
Dear Jan,
I have learned during my lifetime that there isn’t anything I can’t do as long as I am willing to face the fear and walk through it. It took a long time and facing a lot of fears for me to learn to “Let Go and Let God”. There are so many things that I want to do before I die. The hard thing for me is choosing which one I want to do first. My latest choice is to write a book. I have written about 50 pages.
Just before I read your blog this morning, I read this inspirational thought. Although it doesn’t answer you blog question specifically, I think it applies to what you expressed in your blog.
Daily Word — Monday, November 9, 2009
LET GO, LET GOD
My spirit soars as I let go and trust God.
As I step out in faith to do something new and daring, I may feel like a skydiver moments before a jump. When I make the conscious choice to let go of my comfortable surroundings, I may experience a moment of fear. But like the skydiver, my fear is quickly replaced with exhilaration and excitement as I soar through the experience with complete trust. I let go of my fear. God is with me and all is well!
Letting go of fear is liberating. As I let go and trust God, I open the way for God's perfect expression within me and in all the circumstances of my life. I don't worry about the outcome, for I know that all is well. I know that God is in charge and that I am being divinely guided and blessed.
Trust in the Lord forever.--Isaiah 26:4
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you decide what to do next in your life. I know you won’t fail in whatever you choose.
Love you,
Dad
As I read your post I knew EXACTLY how you felt. When Will enlisted in the Nat'l Guard...it was so scary. But I never doubted the decision. We both knew it was what was supposed to be. I have your same feelings of being able to take care of the family physically and emotionally, and while he was in Afghanistan, I did it!!! And, unfortunately, I get to do it again...but this time, I KNOW, that our Heavenly Father will be with me and my kids because he was last time. He won't let us fail. We think we are failing, but when we're doing what we are supposed to be doing (you are) and doing our best (you are) then he carries us through the difficult times and makes us winners.
Thanks for the thought!!
funny story...Your quote came up on a dove chocolate promise candy today? What would you attempt if you knew you wouldn't fail?
Post a Comment