Hurricane Cementery

Since we have been taking flowers and balloons to my mom's grave, I have showed the girl's where Grandma Ardith Ellen Hatfield was buried. This is who Aubrie Ellen is named after. I thought it was neat that they have the same starting initals, anyway Allie kept asking when she could see where Grandma Allie was buried. We decided to make a detour through Hurricane and find Grandma Allie's grave. After a phone call and a desperate prayer to find it,due the lack of light, we were able to find it. It is tucked away between two big shrubs! What a neat experience it was for Allie. On Sunday, we got out the book that Grams made and I read more about Grandma Allie to Allie. Grandma Allie is a real inspiration to me. She lost her leg due to an infection when she was only 26. Then only 10 years later, her husband died. She raised 3 amazing children and later served an LDS Mission. There is much more to her story but I hope that Allie continues to learned what a great women she is named after.

2 comments:

Karalee said...

What neat memories you have made. When Allie is older she will really appreciate these pictures.

Ma'ama said...

I'm so glad you found it! Great pictures. We should take all of our pictures just as it is getting dark. They turned out the best. May I borrow the headstone and the Allie one?

Blog Archive