How to get a child to play?

I was working on my sharing time yesterday and I asked the girls to go play in their playroom or I was going to make them start cleaning. Aubrie happily went down the hall while Allie whined and complained about having to play without me. I asked if she would rather clean and she said No. So she went to her playroom which by the way was a mess. I over heard Allie talking to Aubrie here was the conversation. "Ok, Aubrie let do play, clean-up, play, clean-up." Which is commonly done at our house. Aubrie willingly agreed and before too long the girls came out and said we have a surprise for you. "Close your eyes!" As I was carefully led down the hall with my eyes closed the girls open the door and yelled "SURPRISE" they had cleaned up their room. I was so happy but inside of me I started to wonder "Will my girls ever learn to play without me?"

No comments:

Blog Archive