The letter Q
This week in school, Allie learned about the letter Q. Her teacher had brought in a quilt that she had made. Allie was so fascinated with it. She came home and asked me if I had ever made a quilt. I told her yes. I told her about her grandma making quilts and for some reason if I talk about my mom I seem to talk about her mom. Allie never knew my Grandma Hatfield but I talk about her a lot. So then she asked the worst question for me! "So mom, can you help me make a quilt". I really hate to sew. I don't know if it is because I have to unpick everything I make or if I just can't sew straight. I remembered she is 6 and it is more important for me to spend time with her then if it is straight besides no one has to see it up close in pictures. So this is what our project turned out like. I have fabric markers so I let her color the squares.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- September (6)
- October (14)
- November (2)
- December (25)
- January (9)
- February (9)
- March (17)
- April (29)
- May (9)
- June (24)
- July (8)
- August (5)
- September (3)
- October (6)
- November (3)
- December (8)
- January (5)
- February (3)
- March (6)
- April (8)
- May (6)
- June (4)
- July (8)
- August (10)
- September (6)
- October (4)
- November (3)
- December (19)
- January (4)
- September (11)
- October (9)
- January (18)
- February (9)
- March (1)
- April (9)
- March (4)
2 comments:
Once again, I'm behind in the reading of blogs. Way to GO! Jan and Allie! That is a darling quilt. I'm so proud of you both.
P.S. Jan, you are a pro already. Your seams look perfectly straight and matched. Beautiful!
Love you, Ma'ama/Pat
I guess if Maama was that far behind. I am WAAAAYYYY far behind. I love it! You always are so good to do stuff withyour girls it makes me jealous I exert so much energy other places I need to learn how to be content, being with, teaching and playing with my kiddos. Instead of always doing my own projects.
Post a Comment